a celebration of Memories


 The memories  that returned  whilst  I  was making this  card  were tremendous!  I  started it  with  using items that reminded me of  childhood  holidays  . I used  items  from  Craft Artist  and  Kate Hadfield  to  design  the  base of the  card  .I layered  this onto  a  seaside  background  .

When I  added  the  embellishments  the memories  came flooding back  , The  ruched swimming  costume  that  fell down  when  filled with water  . The  'cool' sunglasses,  .a  trip  to buy rock  which in my  case  was  Welsh  No 5  rock,  the  taste of  which  was  amazing ! I  also  added  shells which I  searched the beach  for  and  sand,  ,the  feel of it  between  your  toes  after dry  socks  were put  back on ! The  punch  and  judy  show which  we never  felt  was cruel , and of  course  the ice  cream  cornets  which have    never tasted  so  good  since!   I  thought the title of this  should be  a celebration of  memories  . 

I used  buttons for the glasses  ,costume and rock  ,real  shells , and  flock  powder  for  the  sand  . To  complete  I  added glitter  .


I  would like  to  enter this  card into  the following  challenge(s)---

https://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.com/2020/10/challenge-574-memories.html

 http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2020/10/week-595-celebrations.html

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh this did make me smile Jenny, especially the mention of the ruched swimsuit, how I remember those and all the other elements. In my case they were enjoyed in Norfolk and not sure if it's just a child's memory, but the sun always shone and it was never cold.

    A super creation and a really wonderful take on our Allsorts theme this week, many thanks as always for making a special effort to join in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super duper card Jeni, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jeni this brought back many happy memories for me too and really made me smile.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. How absolutely wonderful! Thank you for entering our celebration challenge at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete