Bauble Card



 Each  Christmas  I  try  to  make just  a  few  special  cards  for  friends and relatives . This one  came  about  when  I  found  some plastic  baubles left over  from  last year  , I  needed  a  way of  displaying  them  to hang . This is  the first  I have  tried  . Once  I had  found  a  way of hanging it  (on  a  straw  covered in  washi  tape  )  I  set  about making  the card  , I began it  by  spraying  gold  paint  to  give  a mottled  effect  . I  die cut  fir branches  and  various leaves  mostly  using Tattered lace  Swift  Christmas  leaves  . I used  white  card  and  coloured them  with  Promarkers  as it is  easier  to  get the  right  colours  that  way  . The  bauble  is  filled  with  glitter  tinsel and  glitter  snow  .
I  will need  to  hand these over in person  at  Christmas  as  they  don't  fold .  I  did  intend  to  keep  the  bauble  separate  but  using invisible thread  to hang it is  so  difficult  I  decided  to  do it in  advance  . Not  sure yet  what  the  next  design for my  special  cards  will be  but like  all  cardmakers  I have  plenty of  ideas  in my  head .

I  would like  to  enter  this  card into  the following  challenges---------

http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2022/10/week-700.html

Many  congratulations  to  the hard  working  DT  for  their  challenges  each  week  and  reaching  700  challenges .



3 comments:

  1. This certainly is special Jenny and what an ingenious idea to use a straw to hang the bauble, lovely to see you at our 700th Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative and lovely gift project. Many thanks for joining the 700th challenge celebration at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very clever and effective. I'm sure whoever receives one of these will be thrilled and keep it for years to come. Thanks for taking part in the Allsorts 700th challenge.

    ReplyDelete