Christmas shaker bauble


 I  wanted  to  make  a separate  bauble  for  the  tree  for  a  special  friend  who  always  keeps  my  cards   each  year  . I  began  with  die  cutting  the  large  bauble  in mirri  card  . I laminated  three die  cut  white  cards  together  for  the  base  to   give  it  strength.I then  added colour  to  each  side . 

I  added  domes  to  make it in  to  a  double  shaker  filling it  with  confetti  . I de cut  the  smaller 

 baubles  dry  embossing  them  and  spraying  with  coloured  mica  inks .I  dry  embossed green  mirri  card  for the  background added  bows  to  the  small  baubles  and  a  sentiment ..

I  wanted  the  card  to  still  have  decoration  when  the  bauble  was  removed  hence  the  smaller  ones  . I  attached  the main  bauble  with  a  brad  for  easy  removal  .  Hopefully  it  will  be used  for  several years  .

I  would like  to  enter  this  card into  the following  challenge(s)----------

http://sparklesforumchristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/2024/07/162-handmade-ornament-or-ornament-card.html

Hand made ornament  and  ornament  card  

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea Jen and such a beautiful card and keepsake! Thanks for joining us in our Ornament Challenge at The Sparkles Christmas Challenge!
    Hugs, Kate (DT Sparkles Christmas Challenge)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jeni, your card is a beauty. Such amazing detail and that shaker ornament is perfect for us over at Sparkles Christmas.. Your friend will love it Hugs Debs DT x

    ReplyDelete